FROM CIty of Tempe Boating Coordinator:
The Special Events season is coming to a close and we have one more triathlon this weekend.
This one has a large impact since the event footprint is entirely on the north side of the lake. Boat Beach access will be very restricted and parking at the boat storage under the 202 will be non-existent. If you will be launching from Boat Beach it will be best to park at the marina and walk to the boat storage. Access at boat beach will not be available from 6:30am-8:30am. I would suggest launching before 6:30am or waiting until 8:30am to launch.
Tempe International Triathlon -- Sunday May 18th 6:30am-11:30am
Event area: Parking lot at 620 N. Mill Ave, Lakeview Dr, Boat Beach
- Rio Salado between Rural Rd. and Priest
- Priest between Rio Salado and Washington St.
- Washington ST. between Priest and Center Parkway
- Mill Ave between Rio Salado and Curry
- College Ave between Curry and Marigold
- Marina Impact: Bike: Marina access off of east bound Curry
Boat Beach access: No access Sunday from 6:30am-8:30am
Run: runners will be crossing the boat ramp in the Marina, volunteers will be stationed there to provide safe crossing for cars and pedestrians.